Sunday, July 14, 2013

The Unappearing E-mail

I have no idea why?  I have no idea from whom, but I have desired an e-mail all week.  I have not written to anyone so I cannot really expect an e-mail when I have not put forth the effort.  All I know is that the spam/junk e-mails I did receive just did not cut it.   No, I don't need to sign up for a subscription to your magazine.  No, I do not need to come to your store and buy more clothes.  No, I am already in the middle of reading a book so I do not need to purchase another one, plus there is a beautiful well stocked library just up the road.  All that I wanted though was some personal communication from someone.

 It is amazing how easily we can communicate with one another anymore yet we just don't take the time.  A text, an e-mail, a message on Facebook or twitter can be received in seconds.  A letter can be written and mailed across the land to be received in a couple of days.  We are so connected to one another yet so far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment