Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Startled By Flowers

I was focused.  I was in the zone.  That paperwork was going to get done and it was going to get done well.  A steady beat filled my head as music played in my ears emanating from the earphones connected to my Ipod.  It was just me, my work computer, those forms, and my Ipod.  I was being productive.  Suddenly out of the corner of my eye a mixture of yellows and whites came into view.  Flowers!  A beautiful bouquet of freshly cut and arranged flowers.  Why were they being placed on my desk?  Who could they be from?  This bright ray of sunshine to fill my day and bring a smile to my face.

Thank you for the flowers.  They were exactly what I needed and will be for the next few days as their bloom remains full.  You know what I need sometimes before I even do.  That is why you are my mom.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment