Tuesday, July 2, 2013

A Lady Bug And Fireworks

You may remember my adventure swimming with my friend (it happened last night and was my last post so it shouldn't be too difficult to recollect) but I failed to mention a few aspects of the evening.  As we were making our way from one end of the pool to the other we both noticed an amazing sight.  Outside the square windows that gave you a view of the night sky fireworks were exploding in their wide array of colors.  Every few seconds a new burst would appear in the sky to light up the darkness around it.  It made my heart leap with wonder.  How beautiful fireworks can be.

Later as I was changing out of my swimming suit I noticed that I had gained a new friend.  A lady bug had perched on the strap to my swimming suit.  The bright red against the deep black of my suit was appealing to the eye.  I gingerly placed my new friend on the the bathroom sink and proceeded to finish getting ready for the night.  The only sad part to finding the lady bug is that when I came back to the sink to take the lady bug outside it was no longer there.  I hope that it made it out to the night air but it is more likely that the lady bug will end its life somewhere in my bathroom possibly in the dark recesses behind the washing machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment