Thursday, July 18, 2013

The Taste Of Freeze Dried Chocolate Ice-creme

Take a marshmallow from a Lucky Charms box.  Now make that marshmallow the size of a Fat Boy ice-creme sandwich.  Add the rich intense flavor of a deep milk chocolate pudding that melts in your mouth like the smoothest chocolate mouse.  Mix in miniature chocolate chips and you might come close to the flavor experience that I had this evening in eating a freeze dried chocolate ice-creme square.  Why would I even try such a thing as freeze dried ice-cream?  I have always heard that it had the consistency of powdered sugar and would coat your mouth like eating a spoonful of dry flour.  Luckily for myself this couldn't be further from the truth. My roommate works for a food storage company and decided out of the blue, on what was most likely a passing whim, to have me try this decadent (can you use the word decadent when describing freeze dried food) dessert.

On first handling the wrapped treat I will admit my skepticism and very near complete desire not to partake in this taste experience, but I am surprisingly glad that I gave the freeze dried ice-creme a chance.  Don't be concerned, I do not plan on making this a normal pantry item for myself, but if I were ever offered the chance to try another freeze dried dessert I will be more willing to say yes with only the smallest hesitation.  

No comments:

Post a Comment