Monday, July 1, 2013

Swimming And Reconnecting With An Old Friend

Nothing beats the feeling of your body gliding through cool crisp water.  Each stroke breaks the still serene surface ahead of you.  Weightlessness envelopes you  and can make you think that you are floating through a cloud.  The enjoyment is even heightened if you enter a pool of water after a long hot summers day.  Swimming is the perfect way to end a long day and let all your worries and cares drift away in the water that surrounds you.

Tonight I attended a young single adult activity that was being held at the local junior high school.  I was excited to spend the evening socializing with people my same age but in all my excitement I never expected to be reunited with one of my dearest friends.  After a year long separation because of moving, getting new jobs, dating (on her part), and simply loosing contact with one another we met again at this activity.  It was so much fun to catch up on each others lives and connect as if we had never been apart.  It didn't feel as if we had ever been separated and our conversation ran on as if the talking had never stopped.  True friends can survive the test of time and separation to even grow stronger.

Where does the swimming come in you may ask?  Well my friend has a pass to the rec center down the road and wanted to continue our time together.  After the smallest of suggestions (it wouldn't have taken much to convince me to go swimming with her) we started our adventure to make it to the pool and have enough time to swim and enjoy ourselves before the pool closed at its allotted time.  With our speed and desire we made it to the pool with 20 minutes to spare.  The man at the front desk felt bad for making me pay full price for such a short amount of time but I was more than willing to pay the full fair price to end my day in the perfect water with such a good friend.


No comments:

Post a Comment