Wednesday, July 10, 2013

One Flat Tire Leads To Another

How is it that after pumping up my one flat tire located at the rear of my current riding apparatus that the opposite tire located at the front of my current riding apparatus is now at a lower level of air than the rear tire was pre-pumping?  Is that some kind of Murphy's Law or something?  If it can go wrong it will type thing?  Someone explain to me how that happens and why.

This evening I was stuck.  I was stuck because I wanted to go on a bike ride but could not because I had a flat tire.  This sad circumstance came about on Monday when for my normal morning routine I pulled my bike out to ride it to work and only made it 2 feet before I felt the sluggish response of a low back tire.  Thus began my days of being stuck.  Tonight though I was going to change all that.  I would fill that bike tire if it was that last thing that I did.  (I'm glad that filling up my bike tire was not the last thing that I did because what a way to end everything.  "How did you end it all?"  "Oh, I was filling up my bike tire."  Not so exciting or full-filling. (Did you see how I did that?  Full-filling.  After talking about filling up my bike tire.  Ha ha ha.  Okay, maybe it wasn't that funny.))  Luckily I had a solution to my problem of being stuck.  It came to my recollection that I have family that lives right up the street from where I now reside.  This knowledge only hit me after an extensive web based search for a gas station located near yours truly that would endeavor to offer free air in the attempt to solicit more customers.  My search for free gas station air was for naught but at least my riding did not come to naught after the realization that a bike pump was located at what was not an unreasonable distance.

Hoping on my semi-flat tired bike I rode off into the sunset with my loyal roommate in search of the all too needed bike pump.  I'm glad my family was all to happy to help me in my quest to not be stuck.

The tire was filled and the riding commenced, but as I have conveyed earlier in this thrilling tale its flatness was only replaced by the flatness of the other tire.  I had to turn around.  Good thing that bike pump was still located exactly where I had placed it only 10 minutes previously.  The other flat tire was filled and as the sun was still setting I was able to continue my ride off into the sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment